Friday, September 23, 2005

Nokia pushing mobile development at Eclipse - Builder UK

Nokia pushing mobile development at Eclipse - Builder UK

I can still remember the time when I was working on my FYP. I had to search for tools for J2ME development. Finally, I got some tools from Sun, Borland and Eclipse. But since the Sun J2ME WTK isn't developer friendly, and Eclipse didn't support J2ME 2.0 at that moment, I picked Borland JBuilder.

Now, Nokia said to support mobile development at Eclipse. How would the situation be? It links me to the tales of HTML. HTML doesn't require any expensive development tool at all, and it finally became a basic unit in the web. For mobile development, even though it's as easy as writing HTML, a good and free development tool will definitely helps in the spread of technology.

Will there be some mobile applications that we use daily in the coming two or three year? Will there be publications on the problem of mobile game addict? Well, may be.

No comments: